TCS Webex, or Cisco Webex, is responsible for arranging meetings online, no matter the location or time. Most of the IT companies will use Webex to conduct several meetings or offline conferences successfully.
- What is Tcs Webex?
- How to use Webex
What is Tcs Webex?
Through its online interface, Tcs Webex, additionally called Cisco Webex, offers web conferencing, video conferencing, internet meetings, and collaboration.
Corporates and their employees can use this application from any location on the planet and join a conference using their PC.
TCS employees are able to utilize this web application, known as TCS Webex, for meetings, and video conferencing with their associates from anywhere in the world.
Webex was initially created by Subrah Iyar and Min Zhu in 1995. At that time it was known as VideoTouch but later on it renamed Webex.
After a few years of its creation, On 15th March 2007, Cisco has announced to acquire the Webex for $3.2 Billion at $57 per share price.
How to use Webex
To know how to use tcs webex / Cisco Webex in a different situation, follow the below steps.
How to attend a WebEX meeting
To attend a Webex meeting, you need to be invited by someone.
Step 1: After you got your invitation to join the Webex meeting on your email address you need to click on that link provided in your email address.
Step 2: Click on register and fill in the details to attend the meeting then click on the submit button.
Step 3. Now, after successful registration, you’ll get another email containing further details like a link to join the meeting at the specified time and date and a login password to join the meeting.
Step 4: Open the link in your mail before the meeting time and click on the join button, A Webex meeting application will be launched and might ask you to allow voice conference or not depending on the host.
Step 5: Select the appropriate option according to you and you’ll be in a meeting.
Note 1: If you want to speak during the meeting, make sure you are using the proper headset device and ‘raise your hand’ in the window. (after you finished speaking make sure to rise it down)
Note 2: If your first time attending or scheduling the meeting, a webex application will be installed on your system
To exit click on the leave meeting button.
How to attend a WEBEX meeting from your Android or iPhone phone.
1. Download the cisco Webex application on your mobile phone.
2. click on the join button and enter the meeting number, URL, or username.
3. click on the join button.
To Schedule and start Meeting
Step 1: Open your browser and open the Cisco Webex login page and log in with your registered email id. (or copy-paste the following website in your browser https://signin.webex.com/)
Step 2: Here you’ll see the Host a meeting option, under that click on the Schedule a Meeting button.
Step 3: click on Quick Schedule if you don’t want to configure the advance schedule page.
Step 4: Select your meeting type, enter your meeting topic, and password and confirm it. then enter the date, time, and duration (rough estimate for how long your meeting will run).
Step 5: Now enter the email address of people you want to invite to your meeting.
Step 6: Hit the start button to start the meeting immediately or click on schedule meeting if you want to start it at a specified date and time.
Step 7: If you have selected the scheduled meeting, and want to start it later then go to my meeting page and under the meeting click on start at a scheduled time.
Note: You can also star the meeting from your mobile phone device.
To share your content during a meeting
1. Click on the Quickstart button located at sharing a panel on the bottom of your screen.
2. select the option you want to share with everyone like a file, whiteboard etc.
3. use the annotation tool under the participant menu to highlight your shared content.
To share your screen during a meeting
1. Make sure your video is enabled in option under the meeting menu.
2. In the participant panel, click on the video button and double click it if you want it to have in full screen.
3. to stop sharing the screen, click on the video button again to stop it.
How to start Webex from other applications like Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
1. Login to your Webex account and under the support click on the download button to download the tools.
2. Install it in your system, while installing you’ll get a full list of supported software.
3. To start the meeting from that supported software, Just look and find the Webex icon and click on that button and follow further instructions.